Hall's Farm Market Storefront

Our History ~ About Us

The original Hall’s Farm Market was founded in 1958 by Clayton Hall Jr. and located on East McPherson Highway. It began on a flatbed wagon in the front yard with the sale of vegetables. A few years later, a block building was constructed for the wholesale of fruits and vegetables, along with a seasonal, retail farm market. In the 1980s, greenhouses were built to supply the retail sales of annual flowers and vegetable plants. In 2004, Todd and Joanne Bower purchased the market and established open hours year-around.

In 2007, a new market was built on West McPherson Highway. It provided fresh homegrown fruits, vegetables and greenhouse items, along with a deli, Amish store, garden center and a gift shop. A couple years later, Hall's began to offer lunches—consisting of deli and hot sandwiches and homemade soups—and ice cream to further diversify the business. In 2011, carry-out wine and beer became available. In the fall of 2012, construction of a Wine & Beer Garden was begun. The addition was completed the following spring and the new Wine & Beer Garden opened on April 8, 2013.

In the spring of 2014, the name changed from Hall's Farm Market to Hall's Wine~R~We & Country Market to reflect the Wine & Beer Garden as well as the year-round business hours.

 

Hall's Original Building